Founded in 1882, Madison Square Presbyterian Church, is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA). We are an open, welcoming community of God’s children – a church that strives to be radically inclusive, Spirit-filled, and involved in society.
Grounded in the core values of inclusion and diversity and bearing witness to the unconditional love of God, Madison Square Presbyterian Church will become the home for worship, nurture, education, and social justice in downtown San Antonio.
The mission of Madison Square Presbyterian Church is:
- to be a community that is open and welcoming to all people, without regard for nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or socio-economic status;
- to bear witness, both in word and in deed, to the universal and unconditional love of God as made known through Jesus of Nazareth;
- to minister to the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of its members, their families, and any others in need of such ministry;
- to serve actively and creatively as an agent of love, reconciliation, peace, and justice in the community and in the world;
- to work in harmony with all who share any aspect of this mission;
- in all things, to seek and be receptive to the guidance of the Spirit of God.